"Overall the experience was excellent for all involved and we would gladly use your services again; please pass on our comments and gratitude."
> see more
Positive Activities for Young People Team Leader, Luton Borough Council
Health and Safety training courses, UK
CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH
|Syllabus||> Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH|
|Discipline:||Health & Safety|
This qualification replaces the old CIEH Principles of COSHH certificate.
It is designed for all of those people that handle hazardous substances on a daily basis to enable them to contribute to a safer workplace environment.
|Difficulty:||Level 2 Health & Safety qualification|
|Location:||Client's preference, nationwide|
|Upcoming course dates:||At client's request|
|Duration:||Half day training programme.|
|Fee:||Price upon request|
CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH: Course details
This course is designed for thise that use substances that are hazardous to health at work.
Its main purpose is to enable learners to understand the basic principles of COSHH so that they do not put themselves or others at risk from the mis-use of these substances.
Suitable for: all employees.
CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH: Course objectives
By the end of the programme the student will be able to:
- explain what is meant by the term 'COSHH' and identify substances that are hazardous to health in their workplace;
- explain how COSHH is implemented in the workplace;
- Understand the practical implications of COSHH and identify the need for personal protective equioment
Assessment is by means of a 30 question multiple choice paper held at the end of the course.
CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of COSHH: Course content
Topics covered :
- Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace.
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes.
- COSHH assessments and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002.
Contact Us now for more course details or to book a place on a course.
Join our Advisor Service for quick, cost-effective, 'special client' status