"Overall the experience was excellent for all involved and we would gladly use your services again; please pass on our comments and gratitude."
> see more
Positive Activities for Young People Team Leader, Luton Borough Council
Health and Safety training courses, UK
IOSH Managing Safely
|Course Title:||IOSH Managing Safely|
|Syllabus||> IOSH Managing Safely Syllabus|
|Discipline:||Health & Safety|
|Course summary:||This course is designed as an introduction to health and safety in the workplace for managers. It focuses on training the manager to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.|
|Location:||Client's preference, nationwide|
|Upcoming course dates:||At client's request|
|Duration:||4 or 5 days (depending on whether managers in a particular industry want additional focus on industry-specific hazards).|
|Fee:||Price upon request|
IOSH Managing Safely: Course details
This course is designed as an introduction to health and safety in the workplace for managers. It focuses on training the manager to apply sound management principles to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
Supervisors and managers who are required to manage health and safety issues as part of their general responsibilities.
IOSH Managing Safely: Course objectives
By the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management and practices to safety and health issues as part of a total management strategy.
- Understand why incidents and accidents occur and know how to undertake a suitable investigation.
- Understand the basic principles of risk assessment, developing control strategies and evaluating performance.
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision-making and effective supply chain management.
- Be familiar with the employer’s, managers’ and the employees’ legal and moral responsibilities for health and safety.
- Have the capacity to communicate effectively on health and safety matters.
- Recognise the hazards within the workplace and the type of action which may be needed to control and manage them.
One hour examination paper, comprising multiple-choice questions and a workplace risk assessment project undertaken at the delegate’s own workplace.
IOSH Managing Safely: Course content
- The legal framework for workplace health and safety.
- General approach to health and safety management, using the HSG65 management model.
- Understanding why incidents involving injury or damage occur.
- Behavioural factors affecting health and safety.
- Communication skills for health and safety.
- Commonly-occurring hazards, such as chemical hazards, slips, trips and falls.
- Machinery safety.
- Manual handling and mechanical handling.
- Electrical safety.
Contact Us now for more course details or to book a place on a course.
Join our Advisor Service for quick, cost-effective, 'special client' status