"Overall the experience was excellent for all involved and we would gladly use your services again; please pass on our comments and gratitude."
> see more
Positive Activities for Young People Team Leader, Luton Borough Council
Health and Safety training courses, UK
NEBOSH Certificate:National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
This will be run in conjunction with our sister company PHSC Ltd, which is the company accredited by NEBOSH to deliver this course.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH Certificate)
|Discipline:||Health & Safety|
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is a qualification designed to help those with health and safety responsibilities (eg. managers, supervisors and employee representatives) to discharge more effectively their organisational duties and functions. Multiple bookings attract an additional 10% discount.
|Location:||Client's preference, nationwide|
|Upcoming course dates:||At client's request|
|Duration:||10 days tuition on a block-release basis ( 2 x 5 days, can be delivered to a flexible timetable), followed by two days for the examinations, practical test and management report. Homework will be issued to delegates during the course.|
|Fee:||Price upon request|
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH Certificate: Course details
People with either general or specific responsibilities for health and safety at work are increasingly turning to competency-based training to help them implement the obligations that health and safety legislation places upon them. NEBOSH has developed this examination-based qualification in recognition of this training requirement.
Anyone who wishes to acquire a formal qualification and extend their knowledge and skill in applying successful health and safety practice. This certificate is particularly useful to anyone who wants to begin a career in occupational health and safety.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH Certificate: Course objectives
By the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the common hazards and unsafe practices likely to be found in the workplace, and know the appropriate remedial actions to be taken.
- Monitor and audit management policies and procedures.
- Interpret health and safety legislation and guidance.
- Assist in the preparation and review of safety policies.
- Use proactive and reactive strategies to prevent or reduce workplace accidents and ill-health.
- Organise the work of a safety committee and manage safety representatives.
- Undertake appropriate inspections and monitoring techniques.
Two examination papers and a practical assessment which includes a written report each taking two hours.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH Certificate: Course content
Topics covered :
- Organising for health and safety culture, including policy.
- Health and safety culture.
- Risk assessment.
- Principles of control.
- Movement of people and vehicles.
- Manual and mechanical handling.
- Work place safety and work equipment.
- First-aid and occupational health.
- Electrical hazards and control.
- Fire safety.
- Chemical and biological hazards and control.
- Construction activities.
- Accident reporting, recording and investigation.
- Human factors.
- Health and safety law.
Contact Us now for more course details or to book a place on a course.
Join our Advisor Service for quick, cost-effective, 'special client' status